The hakka fried noodle is a very unique asian noodle recipe. You can learn how to make this special Hakka fried noodle right at home using the recipe that I will share with you in a moment.
One of the simple and welcoming meals that you can share with your family and friends. It is a light and fulfilling meal fit for lunch or dinner.
This particular type of fried noodles is very delicious and nutritious. You can prepare this in a very short time, and its perfect for bachelors, working mothers, and homemakers. If you looking to cook something in around thirty minutes to forty-five minutes time, this is the first dish that you should try. After you cut all the vegetables in the recipe, it hardly takes anytime to cook the hakka noodle. This dish works best if you have a lot of leftover vegetables in your fridge and you are having a hard time trying to finish them before they turn bad. All you need to do is Julienne them and add them into the pan!
Here is the simple version of the hakka noodle that I will be sharing with you.
1 packet (320 gm) dried handmade noodle (any kind of dried noodle will do, if you can get the handmade ones, that would be best. Otherwise, any noodles that tastes good will do.)
150 gm chives, remember to cut into 4 cm length
200 gm of bean sprouts
3 dry bean curd (tofu), cut into strips
100 gm small and dried prawns, chopped into tiny bits
2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
2 eggs, fried into omelette and shredded into thin strips
2 table spoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Method (How to Prepare):
- Blanch the noodle in boiling water until cooked, then drain and rinse with cold water, and keep aside.
- Fry the shredded dried tofu until golden. Then set aside.
- Fry the dried prawns with oil until fragrant and crispy, then set aside.
- Heat frying pan with little oil, stir-fry the noodle in few portions until dry and fragrant. Dish up.
- Heat frying pan to sauté garlic, add in the chives, bean sprout, tofu, dried prawns and seasoning and stir well. Pour in a little water, add in the noodle and stir-fry until well mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add in the shredded omelette and serve. 5 servings.
This is a wonderful recipe, adored by both kids, as well as adults. It is a very healthy option for your everyday lunch or dinner. Have fun and enjoy!